Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cute as a Bug!

Now that it is summer break, I find I have been spending just a little more time online. I am a huge fan of Pinterest, Teachers Pay Teachers, numerous blogs, Amazon and ebay. Hehe-- umm... spending a bit too much time online, I guess. ;) I love Pinterest for teaching and craft ideas! I really love to see what others are doing and gaining inspiration from that. I get that inspiration from reading blogs, too.  I really think I have become a better crafter and teacher by learning from others. I get so engrossed, and then before I know it, the day is slipping by!! Does that happen to you? (Note to self:  Must. Get. Out. More.)

I really have to make a conscious effort not to go to ebay too often! I've been obsessed with checking out the Cricut cartridges lately, which is crazy, because I have so many that I haven't even used yet! So this card was the beginning of my effort to use what I've got.  When I got the "Create a Critter" cartridge I just "HAD to have it!!!"  I am almost embarrassed to admit that I have had that cartridge well over a year and this is the first time I have used it. Granted, my "go-to" cartridges are the CTMH Art Philosophy and Artiste carts-- they are both so versatile, but I have to admit, this little ladybug is darn cute! :)  So, bye-bye, ebay (ok, for now)...  I'm going shopping in my own craft closet!  Can't wait to see what else I find!

 
 
 
Materials
Patterned Paper (all CTMH): Dotty for You, Chantilly, Dream Pop, Bubblegum B&T
Ink: CTMH Archival Black
Stamps: D1535 Bugs and Hugs (CTMH)
Embellishments: Bow Clip (CTMH), Paper Lace (CTMH), Ribbon (Michaels)
Cricut Cartridges: Create A Critter, Art Philosophy
  

3 comments:

  1. I love this post and found myself smiling and laughing when I was reading it. Your cartridge story reminds me of the Love You Latte cart I had to have over a year ago. I've used it once. My Art Philosophy and Artiste take up room in the Cricut, and I forget about the others that I have (which is only three others). The card you created is so cute!! The mix of patterns is perfect! You've inspired me to start shopping in my stash, too! (Of course, till that new product comes out, and then all bets are off!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo stinkin' cute I can't hardly stand it! Again, awesome layering and detail. Consider this one lifted! I sold off nearly 40 Cricut cartridges in March but Create a Critter is one I held on to. I love making cards for my G-Kids with that one. Great catching up with you and your blog tonight .... it's always a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi kristine! I love this card! So cute!

    ReplyDelete