Sunday, July 21, 2013

Thankful

Hello!  It's been a while. Well, this summer hasn't been exactly as I had planned, but as one of my favorite Pinterest quotes goes, "There is always, always, always, something to be thankful for."  It really is so true.  Friday I had some minor surgery due to unexpected complications from the surgery I had last fall. While I am not exactly happy about having to go through that, I am truly grateful that it happened during my time off, when I didn't have to worry about arranging a sub, writing sub plans or about whether or not my students were being taken care of. I am also so grateful, once again, for the great care I received and for the love and support of family and friends.

Another thing I am grateful for is this great hobby that allows me a creative outlet, stress relief and joy. I really enjoyed creating this card.  It features a stamp from the new CTMH Fall Idea Book which is a reproduction of original CTMH artwork from about 15 years ago!  I actually own the original stamp mounted on a wooden block. I now own the newer version, which gets mounted on a clear acrylic block. The image is just as lovely as the original, but the difference in stamping with the clear stamp and acrylic block is amazing!  I love being able to see where I am placing my images.  This stamp is actually one of my very favorites from the "old days." I am thrilled that CTMH is bringing back some of the oldies but goodies--  hope they will bring back even more. :)

Linking up again to the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge... always a wonderful source of inspiration.

 
 
All materials are from Close to My Heart.
 
 
Hope you find lots to be grateful for today!  xoxo

 

1 comment:

  1. I love the pink with the black and white gingham ribbon a classic combination! This card is classic Kristine~style. Wishing you a speedy recovery before school starts. I just got my back to school welcome letter, really? The summer flies by.

    ReplyDelete