Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happiness is a Warm Heart

Hello to you on this cold but bright and beautiful day!  I am so happy to have made it to the weekend-- it was a brutal week as far as paperwork and meetings and I am proud that I successfully made it through!  The kids were great-- which was a miracle considering we only got to go outside for recess one day this week. I do love my sweet little class. :)

As far as crafting, I have been wanting to try something a little new (for me, anyway!).  I have long admired the look of images that were colored and blended with the alcohol markers. I typically use the ink pad and blender pen or watercolor pencils to color, but those alcohol markers give such depth of color and blend so smoothly...  Truth be told, I don't really see myself as artistic and have been hesitant to try. Plus, those markers are a big investment. Well, my sister gave me a gift certificate for Christmas--  and voila! I have the beginning of a new marker collection!  I hopped on over to Youtube for a few tutorials and the card below is my first attempt at coloring with the alcohol markers. I had so much fun and even surprised myself with how nice the skin, hair and accessories turned out! I mixed the coloring with a little paper piecing and am really happy with the result.

Oh, and p.s.-- totally in love with MFT's Pure Innocence stamps. They are just darling!  That little PI girl is cute as a button... I couldn't resist.  The heart is a fuzzy chenille embellishment I had in my stash. It works, I think!


Linking up again to the Mojo Monday sketch challenge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment