Friday, October 4, 2013

Happy Owl-oween!

I am so happy it is October!  I have a serious love for all things Fall, and the month of October is at the top of the list. I love that the weather starts to get cooler and the leaves start to change. I love fall weather and I love Halloween!

At my elementary school, every fall we have a Fall Festival. It is so much fun for the kids and we raise money to support the Rally Foundation. It is a win-win for everyone! There are bouncies, a dunk tank, games, face painting, a bungee jump, food trucks, a cake walk, crafts, and so much more! There is also an auction where each classroom has donated a basket and a decorated pumpkin to be raffled off. This year our basket has an "I Love to Read!" theme-- it is awesome. :) Our pumpkin is awesome, too! :) I cut most of the pieces at home with my cricut and the kindergarteners all helped attach everything. They LOVE it and I do too. Our room moms were fighting over who would win it!  I hope it is a popular item.

We decided to decorate it like an owl because that is how my classroom is decorated. I was inspired by several projects on Pinterest, but ours is completely unique.  The paper is Spellbound from the "While Supplies Last" section of my website.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this little guy!! So adorable Kristine!! So cool too that the kiddos helped put it together!

    ReplyDelete