Friday, July 27, 2012

Country Life

One stamp set I don't see used very often is the Country Life set. I'm not sure why, though, because I think that set is adorable! The set includes a rooster, a sheep, a cow and a sentiment. The sentiment says, "Live simply, love generously." The stamps are rustic, yet detailed. I have several friends and family members who collect roosters, so I thought I would make a card using the rooster stamp.

I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut the oval and the scalloped frame. I can't tell you how much I love that cartridge (and there's a new one called Artiste coming out August 1--yippee!!)-- it has so many wonderful cuts-- I don't know what I'd do without it.

I embellished with a couple of "Just Blooms," an antiqued copper brad and some cocoa grosgrain ribbon. I love the blooms and really have to show restraint and not add them to every card I make! The paper is not from CTMH, but I fell in love with the floral print which reverses to check. It is from Simple Stories' "100 Days of Summer" line. I think it is just perfect for that cute little rooster. Inside I added more of the print paper and trimmed it with the Color Ready Kraft Borders (from the "while supplies last" list) which I inked in CTMH's chocolate ink.

I'm thinking I might make a card set using the sheep and the cow, too. Stay tuned... :)





Materials:
Paper: CTMH Kraft and Colonial White cardstock, Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer
Stamps: CTMH Country Life
Ink: CTMH Chocolate Exclusive Ink
Embellishments: (All CTMH) Just Blooms, Antique Brass Brads, Color Ready Kraft Borders
Other: CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge

3 comments:

  1. So very pretty, Kristine! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the country theme Kristine. What a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really haven't seen anyone use this stamp set. This is an awesome card Kristine. Makes me want to get up at the crack of dawn and go milk a cow! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete