Saturday, July 28, 2012

More Country Life!

I could not put this "Country Life" stamp set away! The images are just so charming and sweet. I chose the lamb for this card and think he is just precious. I could easily see using this stamp on a baby card!  For this card, I distressed the papers by sponging chocolate ink around the edges. I have a confession... (you won't tell, will you?)... I have not been a big fan of distressing. Gasp!! I know!! Please don't judge me too harshly-- it's hard enough to live with the shame as it is! I have had trouble seeing the purpose in making something NEW look OLD. Yes, yes, I know! Vintage is "in." I think at some time in my past, I must have been exposed to some very badly done distressing-- you know, scrapbook pages that looked like they had been crumpled up and thrown away, then pulled out of the garbage as an afterthought, and cards that just looked torn and dirty. Honestly, I couldn't see giving that to someone as an expression of my affection for them! BUT-- I think I have seen the light! Lately I have seen some really beautifully distressed artwork! So, thank you to my wonderful team-mates (go Rose Blossoms!!) and the fabulous CTMH artists and crafters out there who share their passion and their lovely work each day. :) You have broadened my horizons.

Sooo... this little card has some Elemental paper (love it!), some Kraft Color Ready borders (sponged with chocolate ink), a button, ribbon, waxy flax and a little bit of that Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer floral print... all thrown together and attached to some Kraft cardstock.  Hope you like-y. :)




Here's a video clip from Close to My Heart featuring some gift ideas created with the "Country Life" stamp set. Enjoy, and have a wonderful weekend! xoxo


3 comments:

  1. You're awesome Kristine! To distress or to not distress. That is the question! You do what you feel like doing ... it always works for you. Love your style and this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like-y! I am one that has to stop myself from distressing, lol! This is a very sweet card. I love your bow and will totally scrap-lift that idea (saves on the precious striped ribbon that I love so much).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And you are right - there is an art to distressing and some people really over distress. It's always good to see an example of it done well like you just did!

    ReplyDelete