Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Party Pennants

So... in the spirit of trying to appreciate the here and now, I pulled out my summery inks and created this card with all of my favorite bright, cheerful colors. I really do enjoy the brights, and they lend themselves perfectly to this stamp set called "Party Pennants." I've had this set for a few months, and just pulled it out last night to play. Have you noticed how popular pennants and buntings are these days? I really adore this set and it is right on trend! I love that each flag-- there are four to choose from--is a separate stamp, which makes it so easy to make a variety of pennants using whatever patterns and colors you choose. I also love that the frame is separate and there are several sentiments to choose from.

This card is my version of a Clean and Simple (CAS) card. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking that just because the word "simple" is in the title that creating a CAS card is easy!  I can't tell you how much White Daisy cardstock I went through! One smear or smudge... and it's all over! I finally ended up stamping the flags on separate paper and cutting them out (pretty easy because they are basically triangles, right?), then gluing them down. So, maybe it's not a "true" CAS card... but I think it has that spirit! What do you think? Have you tried the clean and simple style?

3 comments:

  1. Kristine, this is just lovely! The bright and bold colors are so very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, love the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love this happy card! You are sooo right about CAS not being as easy it sounds!

    ReplyDelete